Apple crumble is delicious with cream, ice cream, custard or just on its own.
- 2 or 3 large Bramley cooking apples
- 200g of plain flour
- 175g of sugar
- 100g of butter
- Tsp of cinnamon (optional)
- 2 -3 Tbsp of water
- Rub together the fat, sugar and flour until the mixture looks like fine breadcrumbs
- Stir in cinnamon
- Wash, peel and core the apples. Chop them into small chunks and slices directly into your pie dish.
- Sprinkle some water over the apples to keep them juicy while they cook
- Sprinkle the crumble mix over the top of the apples making sure they’re all covered
Put your apple crumble in the oven, fan oven 170, gas mark 5, 375F for 25 – 35 mins or until the top is golden brown.