I made a lovely big pot of soup.
It’s a colour only bogey men would love but it’s smells and tastes great.
Or Gracie (just joking, she must have been thinking of FISH here).
Roasted Cauliflower and Broccoli Soup
- 2 middle sized bags of frozen mixed cauliflower and broccoli florets, DEFROSTED overnight, spread out on a baking tray, spritzed generously with Fry Light and sprinkled with a little garlic powder and turmeric.
- Bake for 30 mins on 180º.
- Fry a couple of onions (I use Coconut oil because I know it is magic and will make me immortal).
- Add all the cauliflower and broccolli to the fried onions and continue to fry.
- Stir in 1600 ml of stock (I like Kallo organic vegetable stock cubes and used 4).
- Up to you, but I added some more garlic powder, some black pepper, some turmeric, a little hot chilli powder and a little medium curry powder.
- Leave to simmer for about 30 mins.
- Blend – I use a regular hand blender that does the job easily – and blend it till it’s smooth.
Serve with crusty granary bread – I popped a large granary cob in the oven to warm it through and it tasted like freshly-cooked bread.
Gracie having another nap.
I also made a couple of crochet roses:
The scalloped roses (the orange and grey ones) came from a pattern on Attic24’s blog https://attic24.typepad.com/weblog/may-roses.html and the pale lilac coiled rose came from Pink Milk’s blog http://www.pink-milk.co.uk/2013/11/coiled-rose-crochet-pattern.html