Shiny Foil Effect:
- Get your image into PS
- Apply a colour overlay from the Layers Styles palette
- Then go to Filter>Artistic>Sketch>Chrome
You might want to Bevel & Emboss (also in the Layer Styles palette) and you might want to play with the Chrome settings but these give you the basic steps.
Faux Postage Stamp Effect – basic steps
- Select a round brush, 100% hardness
- Select the same colour as you have as your background
- In the Brushes controls, set the spacing so that it will make a ‘dotted line’ (you’ll be able to see the effect of increasing the distance in the preview panel)
- Create a new layer
- Align the brush so that it sits midway on the top edge of your image, hold down Shift to constrain it to a straight line and paint your row of balls along one of your straight edges, let’s say top horizontal.
- Copy your dotted line layer, move the dots down to sit on the bottom edge of your image.
- Select both dotty layers and use Align to line the layers up on the left or right edge.
- Create a new layer, use the same brush and then draw a vertical row of dots down the left edge of the image.
- Copy that layer and move the dots over to the right side of the image.
- Select both of those vertical dotty layers and use Align to line up the tops or bottoms.
- Apply a Drop-Shadow in Layer Styles for a little more realism.